Transfer settings between mc versions?
You can transfer the configs between Minecraft versions, if you wish to keep your old/new settings. Keep in mind this may not work for older versions, or large differences (ex 1.8.9 to 1.20).
There are two methods to transfer config files:
1. Join the game with the version that the config is already on and use the command
.config save (name)
2. Join the game with the version you want to move the config to and use the command
.config load (name)
1. Close the game and go to your
2. Go to
3. Copy the Aristois_config.json.
4. Go to the desired version (Example,
/libraries/EMC/1.16.5/configs/) and paste in the file.
5. Start the game, and the settings should now be transferred to the new version.
If you experience a crash after doing this, unfortunately the config is not compatible to be transferred. Delete the config file from the directory to fix the crash.